The HTTP server in Routinator provides endpoints for monitoring the application. To launch Routinator in server mode on 192.0.2.13 with RTR running on port 3323 and HTTP on 9556, use the following command:
routinator server --rtr 192.0.2.13:3323 --http 192.0.2.13:9556
The HTTP service has these monitoring endpoints on the following paths:
- Returns the version of the Routinator instance
- Exposes a data format specifically for Prometheus, for which dedicated port 9556 is reserved.
- Returns the information from the
/metricsendpoint in a more concise format
Returns the logging output of the last validation run. The log level matches that set upon start.
Note that the output is collected after each validation run and is therefore only available after the initial run has concluded.
- Update metrics
- Object metrics
- The number of valid ROAs per Trust Anchor
- The number of Validated ROA Payloads (VRPs) per Trust Anchor
- The number of stale objects found
- The number of VRPs added locally
- RTR server
- The current RTR serial number
- The current and total number of RTR connections
- The total amount of bytes sent and received over the RTR connection
- HTTP server
- The current and total number of HTTP connections
- The total amount of bytes sent and received over the HTTP connection
- The number of HTTP requests